Wednesday, January 6, 2010

it's off to work we go....

So I thought that it was about time that I showed you my tiny walk down a bush track to the studio....Its such a beautiful walk hidden away from the main roads that it is too good to keep a secret! I can just imagine it being a lush forest many moons ago all wild and inhabited with an amazing array of animals and bird life...
Today it is still a serene place
with many birds still calling the tall trees home...
and every day that I walk down there
I'm enjoying the journey as well as the destination!








In amongst all the green I spied alittle red tie that someone had left behind....


I love all the different shades of tan and brown...
all wet from the Christams rains...


The stairs down down down






The tiny footbridges ...




make me feel like im in a rainforest up north!




The waterfall...even though there is not much water!






The red stairs down to the park and we are nearly there...




Love the coloured graffiti...even down here!




The water in the distance....




And here we are......



So that's where you'll find me over the next 6 months, until the residency is completed and the exhibition begins... I hope you'll come down some time to visit and have a play with some paint and coloured pencils! But if not...I hope you'll enjoy the images and stories I have to share...

{Geez I sound like the theme to Play School.... !!}

3 comments:

JP said...

Geez Michelle your stroll to the studio must be so inspiring! Gorgeous :) xx

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Simply gorgeous! If we could all go that way to work! Hope it's going well, really looking forward to coming for another visit soon. xxx

michele aka the tiny said...

Hi my lovelies.... come down any time! Yeah it is beautiful and inspiring... not just the view but also the sounds down there! I swear we are so so lucky in this city sometimes!! I just get depressed when im on George + pitt streets!! Joyti - happy new year and I hope to catch up with you soon... Rin - ill see you tomorrow!! xx