Monday, March 22, 2010

j u g g l e r s ....

I'm baaack!
Tired but so so exhilarated!
Boy... what a weekend I had in Brisbane - a town that I loved!
Truly...!
It was warm, laid back and everyone was into the bike riding which made me feel like I was in Melbourne...or some place in Europe! Actually Brisbane really reminded me of Auckland...with heat!

I was staying in the centre of town, and from my window I could see GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art), so you know it was all about that gallery space and experiencing art!
What a gallery and what a Triennial!!
{More of that at another time when I have more brain capacity...}
But for now I wanted to show you some images from Jugglers, a brilliant arts organisation in Brisbane...

As I was walking with some mates, down George st near Roma st train station, we found these graffiti images outside a massive construction site... so on the way back to the room, with camera in hand, I took some images of these fantastic works....

Founded in 2002 Jugglers art spaces have been around for about 8 years now and they are an organisation that tries to helps emerging artists with subsidised art studios, exhibition opportunities and exposure, which is such brilliant initiative...

They are located in Brunswick st in The Valley but all up they have 5 studio spaces and 3 galleries which is quite extensive...
Sydney.... are you listening!!!






Love this last image for its bold markings and simple colour palette... Definitely better than old flaky posters on building sites, don't you think?
Anyway in the next few days Ill show you some images of my favourite artists from the Triennial and of GOMA... Ill also post up some images from Artisans show 'Tour de force' in Fortitude Valley which was great to visit...
Take care and i hope you're excited for your week ahead....
I believe mine can be summed up in one word...
STUDIO!
x

No comments: