Monday, May 10, 2010

i n s p i r e .

The creative mind is so interesting.
It likes to be alone - to dream, to think, to concentrate and be selfish...
and yet it loves company - to collaborate, inspire + play with!
Lately ive talked about my time @ the primrose studios and the experience of sharing a space again with another artist. Like my uni days, it is great to see another persons creative process and how each of us influences the other. Subconsciously or consciously, we have been enjoying the feedback and quick chats and the over lap in some of out ideas...


Last week I had another lovely thing happen that also involved creative overlapping and inspiration... My mate Mel Young wanted to show me something... an image of one of her new pieces. It was a brooch that she had recently made for the Winter Brooches '10 exhibition at Studio 20/17 at Danks st...

The series is called Dangle curtain haze and the hazy brooch that you can see in the middle of the image above is a painted detail of a pink sunset. Mel said it was influenced by one of my paintings that I did for a show we exhibited in last year called Le Fil...


The image above is of said painting and I'm quite humbled to think that this tiny work is being thought of and used for a little inspiration...
MANY many artists constantly influence and inspire my work, such as all the works I feature every week in my favourites section on this blog site, but I have never thought of this process in reverse... !
If you would like to see this brilliant exhibition called Winter Brooches '10 with the work of such jewellers as Margaret West, Joung Mee Do , Zoe Veness and Miss Mel... it is showing at Studio 20/17. It opened on Saturday and will run until June 6th...
Winter Brooches '10
Studio 20/17
6a 2 Danks st
Waterloo
tues - sat 11-6
sun 11-4

No comments: