Saturday, June 19, 2010

quiet winter day...

It's a quiet Saturday afternoon...
I'm looking to do nothing but unwind,
from all the madness of the last 3 weeks...

I walked the tiny dog...
I went for a tiny stroll for coffee...
And then I had a magazine fix
with the latest Vogue Living...

And, boy, is it a good issue! It is packed with images for an image junkie like myself...
with a re design of each page that makes you feel as if you are reading a blog...

This article on Brooklyn NY reminded me of Lucy's travel stories from The design files...! And funnily enough Lucy has just interviewed David Clark, the editor of Vogue Living for her blog this week! So old media is merging with new media which is interesting! If you want to read the interview...click here!


Love the cramming of all the images...
and the feel of walking through a travel guide...


Another way the magazine has hooked me in this month is with their Milan 10 DVD... It was like walking through Milan Design Week with David Clark as my personal guide! The DVD goes for about 40 minutes, and in it you sample many of the design showrooms, listen to interviews with featured designers and walk though some amazing installations and events that you would never be able to do, even if you were in Milan in April!!
I was very impressed and it just goes to show that if you cant beat all the new websites, blogs and YouTube sites, then join them!!!
And its all geared for a Saturday afternoon...
at about 5pm
when the sun begins to dip
And the fresh cold air starts to move in....
x

No comments: