Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the winter tourist.... part one.

How is this for a quintessentially Sydney shot! You would have thought I planned for that Cockatoo to fly over like that.... but I didn't! It was just... pure magic!

Yesterday I ventured out of the house
to see the Artspace component of the Biennale
and to try and keep my body warm and moving...
as it was coldy cold cold
and I was in danger of scolding my body on the heater!
On the way back home I thought I would take a detour through The Botanical Gardens
as I could not remember the last time I had walked through...
Especially when it has been winter....

Love this sculpture...
so contemplative and quiet....
in a corner of the park...

My coloured scarf...
and my tiny black boots found a sticker on the path...
What did it say?
Perfect!


Love that this beautiful tree {i think its a Boab??}
is being held up by two wires
I think the tree looks like it has its arms up in the air in defiance
and celebration of the game it is playing with the groundsmen...

Oh the white winter light...
Being beautifully filtered through the glass sculpture...


The walkway from Wooloomooloo to Mrs Macquarie's Chair...

Love the three elements of wood, water + stone...
very Japanese....

The water out to Garden Island....
with a tiny bit of yellow...

There is something about that crane out at Garden Island...
I just love it! Its the geometric metal elements I think? Its so imposing to look at; I often stare at it from the cafe at the Art Gallery, and even draw it!
Must dig out a tiny sketch and do some show + tell....

And x or green marks the spot....
The start of the walk from Wooloomooloo....
and the end of part one of my winter stroll...
Hope you will join me for part two?
keep warm
x

No comments: