Tuesday, August 3, 2010

f l o c k e d ....

Typical....
As i start to get my head around this week, I'm treading through the inspirations, thoughts and events that happened last week. There were many inspiring moments and creative energies that I am taking with me into this week as I start to focus on all my new projects...
On the weekend I caught the brilliant Australian movie, The Waiting City, which I LOVED!! The colours and textures of India are always great source of wonder and delight to me; so seeing this movie on the big screen let the senses go wild... and I was a pig in mud!

The second event would have to be my trip out to Cockatoo Island and the many images I took out there last Monday... Many of which you have seen in the last few posts! One recurring feature that I was drawn too was the wallpapers on the walls of some of the old cottages on the hill...I had not seen them on my last trip out there, so I was so excited to find so many great examples of 19th and 20th c. prints.

This was a beautiful room...which was originally a room for one of the daughters of a guard on the island way back when.... The pink was so intense and a little garish... But you know me... too much colour is barely enough!

Clash!
This was in a small cottage where the work of New Zealand artist Yvonne Todd was displayed for the Biennale... Yvonne exhibited photographs right on top of all these prints, and again it was a little hard to see for the trees... I was drawn to the house and not the artwork! Oh dear...

Love it!

The green strip at the end of the roll is perfect!
It is truly like a op art mural on the wall...


I loved this...
It's the pattern of the wallpaper being stripped off the walls...
Looks like a tropical plant motif!?
Well to me anyway...

After all of this I had to explore the suppliers to see what I could buy in the way of pattern...
And by a stoke of luck these amazing flocked papers were on sale at Oxford art supplies on Victoria Avenue in Chatswood! So I had to make a sneaky purchase...
They are beautiful... are they not?
Have NO idea what I will use them for but ill keep you posted...

No comments: