Thursday, November 4, 2010

down by the shore....


Well....
It's Sculpture by the Sea time again...and man... has that year gone fast!
The only way to distinguish a change in years is to look up at the sky, as we seem to be experiencing a cold wet November this year! As the first week of this big art extravaganza had already gone with the wind, I thought I may miss the show this year! But I was lucky enough to find a few hours with which to stroll along the Bondi to Bronte walk to take in the art...and the view! Yeah!
It was a good solid show this year, which could be taken as a plus or a minus. Yes, there were many big, imposing sculptures that looked impressive....but there were a lot of steel constructions in that mix that seemed alittle cold and unwelcoming for all the beach lovers out there! Thankfully however the quirk factor was present in a handful of the works, and i did locate a lot of colour! {see above!!} That also included all the beautiful wild flowers that I found on the side of the cliffs which was a lovely discovery too....
I hope you enjoy the slide show that I have attached in the post below. I normally forego a slide show but I had so so many images I wanted tot share this year...so it became the only way to show them to you!
enjoy the exhibition....
x

No comments: