Tuesday, December 28, 2010

the wash up....

Oh hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a relaxing, fun, and celebratory Christmas...
I had a lovely day with my family with a great Arab-style Christmas BBQ-spread that is typical of my old papa! It was nice to have the sun out and be able to truly relax, knowing that everything was done, finished, completed.... and that is was truly holiday time!!
The last few weeks, aside from the operation, were extremely busy with artwork commissions. People had asked for Christmas to be the deadline, and so I was marking out my time to get everything done! And even though it was frantic, and I was recovering from surgery, I was able to give everyone their intended gifts for loved ones...
And that was exciting...
I loved making all these new pieces, and feedback has been really positive!!
So here they are....


The work above is called Harbour Story..in dusk 2010 and is a mixed media drawing with oil paint on wood. A while back I told you that I had received a commission for a work for a guy?
Well this is it....



This is a little woven basket for a family member of mine...
It pink and summery...
And she loved it!
Thank goodness...
And then there were the owls! A series that will never end methinks!
The one above was a VERY pink owl in miniature form....
When it was framed it looked very cute indeed!

And then, finally, there was a larger owl work... with an embroidered red hood in the background! The lovely Linda loved the image of the original embroidery, that is the header to this blog, and so that was the starting point....
So it was a very busy and productive Christmas...
And now I have two large commissions for January!
Things are all comin' together and dreams are coming true!
Nice way to start the new year....which will hopefully be a very arty, crafty and creative 2011!

No comments: