Wednesday, November 2, 2011

laneway hide + seek

Bridge Lane Sydney CBD





























Talk about needing a GPS to locate art in Sydney! A couple of weeks ago I could have used one, as I took myself around Sydney's CBD to participate in the Laneway Art Project which featured in October's Art+About Festival. This year the organisers had doubled the billing in order for more art and more laneways to be included. Translation: The organisers were asked to spread the art and colour love into more white collar business districts by the Council!! 

So there I was with a listing, a take way coffee and a free hour to play a game of hide + seek with the organisers of this open air exhibition. And let me tell you... it was tricky. 
I'm glad I have some patience and a love of a creative challenge! 
Hope you enjoy my take on The Laneway Art Project 2011...


Magda Sayeg, Knitted Coloured Squares, Sussex Lane


Brook Andrew, Inflated PVC form, Bridge Lane

Brook Andrew and in the background Barry McGee's graffiti tag, Tank Stream Lane

Barry McGee, Graffiti street Mural, Tank Stream Lane, Pitt St entrance


Sussex St


Eclectic mix... don't you think?

No comments: