Tuesday, December 13, 2011

.... the beautiful surprise ....

The surprise hand made gifts presented to me at the end of my workshops...

The amazing woven fabric bowl with handles made by erica....with tiny notes from each student tucked inside!

Hand made book with drawings from each student... most of them drew their woven bowls that they made with me!



Hi everyone...
How is your week looking on the count down to Christmas... ho ho ho? or ho ho hum?!
Hopefully your finding a silver lining amongst all the craziness, and entertaining happy thoughts of all the holidays, time off and sweet treats that are soon to come! 

Speaking of sweet treats... what do you think of the colourful creative gift that was presented to me by Erica and the students at the end of my workshop classes in The Blue Mountains?! Beautiful was the word that sprung to my mind, and it's not for the fact that all of these lovely treats were made by hand and given to me in thanks. No - what I found beautiful was the way it was presented it to me... 

At the beginning of my final workshop the students filed into the room with the first two children carrying the presents all wrapped up and smiling.... as I sat stunned. I never expected a gift... so I was shocked and humbled. 
It was so so sweet...
And at the end of the class many of them came up to me with a hug and a thank you for coming to play for the week...
Now that is a Christmas present!

No comments: