Friday, January 27, 2012

building blocks...

the studio... january 2012
































Its in January that you start to feel out the coming year...
What would I like to achieve? Where would I like to travel? What big things would I like to tick off my imaginary life list? Some things we cant plan for - and in a year that for many started off with a BIG BANG - it can be tricky to foresee whats going to happen next. 

In the last few weeks Ive had a lot of big events take place... saying goodbye to a beloved family member, going on a spontaneous trip, find out that my work will change in many different ways in the coming year, and excitingly plan for an upcoming solo exhibition in a few months time! 
So yes. Many things to give me a clear picture that this is definitely a year of change.
Two big things that Ive just alluded to are very exciting and ill share more about them when in the coming weeks... 

reworking a drawing from a while ago...




























But to get things started Ive been back in the studio.
Always a great place to get me excited, get me grounded and get me in the mood to play!
These are just a few images from today... as I start to warm up my hand and my pencil for the new artworks that will soon take shape...


the building blocks....

1 comment:

Alenka said...

yum yum yum! love your colours here tiny lady! 2012 inkles excitment I say! Would loooove to spend a day with you soon!! We're off to Terrigal this coming week bu perhaps the week after? Name a day that you're free xxxx