Tuesday, February 18, 2014

neighbourhood.

^my art studio is surrounded by people playing sport. Tennis, basketball, cricket,
rugby - and right next to me there is an old lawn bowls green that is falling apart and
looking very unloved. But it's still beautiful... ^

^Sydney has just had a dry spell...with no rain for weeks and weeks.
So everything has felt very dry and very grey ^

^It had been a while since I had visited Erskinville.
So when I had to visit that suburb for an Australia Day catch up with some friends
I took alittle time to explore...^

^The colours and textures of Newtown's lane-ways and back alleys always inspire^

^Right next to the studio is this! An old rubbish bin!
Never thought I would be nostalgic for street paraphernalia but when I saw this...^

^Newtown's paste up exhibition in a lane-way right near King st.^

^what lies behind???^

^So much inspiration in something you walk past every single day^


Since the beginning of the year Ive been rediscovering the streets and back-alleys that surround the studio. And seeing it all with fresh eyes. 
It's amazing what you can notice when you stop and truly look...
At everything.
And nothing.

No comments: