Monday, April 14, 2014

^turning of the season^

^ Red Ochre. raffia. 2014^


Its been a wet old week here in Sydney.
The sky is grey and so are my woollen jumpers that have been pulled out of retirement and dusted off to keep me warm and cosy. 
The school holidays have also just begun in NSW - 
and things are starting to slow down for the Easter break that begins this weekend. 

So everything is telling me to slow down,
take a deep breath 
and enjoy the start of the new season.

And one way I like to slow down is to bring home some of my weaving materials 
and work at home... which is how this little object was born. 
Ive named it Red Ochre as it brings to mind the beautiful rich colours of the Outback - 
a place that I would dearly love to visit one of these days.... 
especially as the sun out there is always warm in the middle of the day!
Oh - Im such a lizard!

No comments: