Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nice little article....


was to be found in the Essential section of the SMH today on the design duo Bernabei Freeman. It was a great little piece on Rina Bernabei and Kelly Freeman who happen to be two of the nicest people in the design industry that you could meet... Everyone knows their award winning lighting designs but they have recently launched a textile range which sits nicely within their lacey design aesthetic for which they are known ... If your interested in knowing a bit more about this designing duo you can check out their great blog to find out more about what inspires them and what new pieces they are working on....


A couple of weeks ago I did a week of walking around to all my favoutrite haunts in the inner city - and one of my first stops was Planet on Commonwealth - a place which Ive been meaning to have a look at for simply ages! And i was not disappointed...


It is such a great space- in the newly crowned design hub of the lower Surry Hills area around Commonwealth Street - and is a much better showroom with which to walk around in and explore. Bernabei Freeman's products are featured but it was the wall of ceramics that truly got me...



It was such a great display of Australian ceramics and I couldnt help but wanting to touch them all and find out who they were by... I was definitely in there for a while!! Actually a great place to spent some time while escaping all this rain...

Hope you're all keeping dry! Ive been hauled up indoors trying to be inspired and get some drawing done... and Im finding it alittle tough! All I need is alittle sunshine to get me happy and click my creativity into gear... is it too much to ask I wonder? !

No comments: