Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Did anyone else catch the ABC Sunday Arts Show...



Or is that tv program just for weekend hermits like me?
I don't always catch it but this week I remembered that it was on and caught the segment on Pippen Drysdale...



She truly is one of the characters of the ceramic art world... and I learnt much about her from my days at the long lost Quadrivium Gallery in the QVB..

Over the last year I realised that I had not heard her name mentioned much and I was wondering when she would surface... and sure enough there she was on the ABC letting us all know about her new installations that are absolutely beautiful! I always thought her lined Tanami Series vessels and bowls would look beautiful upside down in a more sculptural context - and sure enough she has taken this idea and run with it... In all the beautiful colours of the Australian landscape they resemble the Bungle Bungles of Western Australia! Well..to my crazy eye they do!....

If you would like to see more of her work in Sydney she is now represented by Michael Reid gallery in Potts Point.

It will be interesting to see all the ceramic folk when the Australian Ceramic Triennale makes it presence known on the Sydney art scene from 16th July.... stay tuned!

No comments: