Thursday, July 23, 2009

My heart skipped a beat today....

as I discovered my interpretation of Nirvana!
There is too too much to say in one blog entry so Im going to break it up and deliver it over a few days but this is just to get you started....
I think the first image gives the location away...







Its Cockatoo Island and it was truly brilliant...
One of the best Sydney locations that I have explored for a long long time...
And it wasnt just for the history, the location on the harbour, the ferry ride...
It was the art work and the sheer magnitude of the spaces out there...
And the industrial precincts that make the drawer in me gasp in awe and excitement!
Ive been wanting to join one of the NAS drawing workshops that have been held out there in the last few years - in particular the group lead by artist Euan McLeod ... but Ive never made it! But today - with an impending deadline, as in the closure of Ken Unsworth's massive installation 'A Ringing Glass' - I had to get out there..!
And now I vow to go back -
Soon...
But ill show you images of Unsworth's work, plus the amazing William Kentridge filmic piece that is still out there, as well as the MCA video + film exhibition 'Rising Tide' - that Ive had a look at too...!

No comments: