Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Round n round....

n round I go ....
where I stop ...

I don't know!
Collecting some images for a few new projects....


And I thought Id post a few up...

Love this image of my new globe!
It was a sneaky purchase from a few weeks ago - as I received a tip that it was in the front window of a local Vinnie's and was going for a song!!
Now - Ive been looking for a lovely new globe with a wooden base for a while now and the closest I came to a purchase was when I clocked my eyes on a lovely but expensive brown globe from a stall at the Sydney Antique Centre... But I knew if I waited... Id find a bargain!!

And I did!
It now sits happily above my bookcase....

This blow-up globe was purchased a few years ago and now hangs in the bathroom!
Nice bit of colour and fun.... in an unexpected place...

The lovely blue pendant on the purple ribbon {above} is my latest and greatest exhibition purchase - as I finally made it to the Alter Ego show at Gaffa Gallery that I mentioned last week...
It was part of this installation by Lisa Furno ... {below}

It was a brilliant concept that I'm sure many couldn't pass up!!
What you had to do was:
1.choose a pendant from the 150 provided (many were old toys+ trinkets that had been given a little hook so you could wear them...
2. take it off the wall and in its place draw an impression of the piece
3. place a donation into the singing rooster money box provided
4. choose a piece of ribbon ...and wear!!
Loved it...


And finally...


The flyer below is for volunteers to join a knitting circle in Kings Cross. The concept is by Reef Knot {Creative Directors:Michelle McCosker+Alasdair Nicol} and they have been commissioned by the City of Sydney to create a public works project for the Cross as part of October's Art + About Festival... The group will attempt to create a knitting installation along the main strip of King Cross and the piece will be called iheartkingscross... Its a brilliant idea and if you are interested in contributing, the group will meet up every Saturday in Fitzroy Gardens 10-4pm until Sept 28th...


So get your needles out of retirement and become a part of Sydney's knitting brigade!

No comments: