Monday, November 16, 2009

The Land.

So....
I'm back.... happy + refreshed!


It was a brilliant trip to Belongil Beach for a much much needed break!

And for me - the beach is my kind of holiday...

Nothing but beautiful beaches, warm water, lovely sunsets and peace + quiet!

I was able to really recharge my batteries - physically, mentally, spiritually and creatively...






And speaking of feeling creative..

I have complied a tiny album of images...


Today Ill post up my images of The Land...

and in the next few days ill focus on The Sea.
I hope you enjoy them...

When I was up in the Byron/Belongil area I found that there were many many changes to the landcape ....

The environment is being effected by the rising sea levels and from the massive influx of new residents that are slowly starting to make a permanent mark...

Its been 2 years since Ive been up there and I really noticed these shifts..... in population and in landscape.


Change is a naturally part of life.
But up in that neck of the woods - sudden sweeps of change can be damaging and irreversible...
to a beautiful and deeply fragile eco system.
We just need to remember to take quiet and respectful steps while we enjoy it all!


The trains do not run through Byron anymore...

So I saw an opportunity to shoot the tracks; which brought back many memories of walking back to Belongil from town when its been pitch black with the moonlight as our guiding light....






Loved the colours....

Thought of all the whales and how they must love the sight of all these floating lolly-coloured canoes....









Lots of graffiti.... But I love when its themed! These murals wre done this year by someone with the tag Danza....











My favourite spot in the evenings... Belongil Creek..

Its in danger because of the rising sea levels... So sad as its such an amazing place to think + meditate.



This moon woke me up to have a look at it at 230am... was worth it though!

No comments: