Monday, December 28, 2009

dreary? never....

Well this is not the perfect Christmas weather conditions that we all expect... Its wet, dark, windy and has been cold on some days.... so the beach is definitely out! Which is a shame as there is nothing better than going for a swim at the beach when its hot, sunny and filled with people playing on their holidays ! I love people watching... I guess its that voyeur thing that creative people are known for... I love being able to capture peoples gestures, reactions and emotions in a drawing or just in my minds eye...Like one of my favourite drawers Kevin Connor who loves to draw the old Italian men as they squabble at Bill + Toni's on Stanley st.... This image below is from Kevin's show at Liverpool st gallery in June.... Love the line work and its such a different take on the harbour foreshore...


So I guess its the indoor pursuits that win the vote in these last few days of 09...


Movies, reading a new book that was given as a gift, a possible trip to ikea or some other shopping district? For me I am totally buzzed as I settle into the Primrose Studios and contemplate a trip to the major galleries that are holding their big draw card shows for the summer season... MCA, ACP, AGNSW...take your pick! Ill give you a quick run down of whats on alittle later...

But for now my mind is entrenched in thoughts of the next few weeks and that ideas that are whizzing around my head! I spent most of yesterday down in the space rearranging, organising, hanging and exploring...and geez did I have fun!!! It was beautiful and serene down in the park and as the rain came and went I busily created a little home for all my creative thoughts...


I hope you're finding a tiny nook for yourself somewhere out of the rain today and that you find alittle time to play... with the kids, with friends, with the dog... or with colour!! Great time to re organise the home space... for a fresh start to the new year!

No comments: