Thursday, December 24, 2009

m a g i c....

I love giving....
A while ago I realised that I am much more comfortable and happy when I can give someone a gift that is hand built and heart felt!


In this society that we live in today it seems as though we are being conditioned to buy, to spend, and to splurge... mainly on things for ourselves! This act of shopping unconsciously is to make us feel satisfied that we can have anything our heart deserves and desires...Its the 21st century and we can make plastic fantastic happiness at anytime of the day!


It shocked me in mid November when I saw the Christmas decorations and DJs window displays all set up and I thought 'Shit this ain't right!!' We are now being told that we only have x amount of days to shop for the holidays, and if we don't start soon we'll be too late!! Late for what I ask you...?? I have to admit it made me alittle sad this year to see it... people going absolutely mad in November for tinsel!


Anyway I digress...



Last year as I have mentioned a few times recently, I was completely unwell and living in hospital and recovering from major surgeries wondering what my life was going to look like when I got out! Of course I have recovered and am now feeling great. But at the time I was so unwell that all I could do was receive ... And recieve I did!!Gifts, kind thoughts, visits, love; and I appreciated every gesture. But what i really wanted to do was return the favour...



So this year I have been able to restore the balance and give to people...



Ive been making things, catching up with people and sending out hand made cards. Not much in monetary terms but alot of time being creative! And it has made me so happy doing it..especially making the cards, as its a little tradition of mine that Ive loved doing over the years!





And what have i received in return? Alot of beautiful cards.... some bought, some hand made but in the end what Ive loved is that someone has spent a few minutes of their day hand writing something lovely to me.... Again something so tiny and yet to me it means so much more than any gift could! These days everyone so time poor and out of touch with hand writing a letter or card ...that an act such as this at Christmas is a gift in itself!!


So this Christmas I hope you have a brilliant day spent with your family + friends...with beautiful home cooked food and some great conversation, and a few laughs!!

{Well we can all hope!!}



And one last thing...
Be creative with your day...draw, play and open yourself up to being silly and making fun things happen!!
Happy Happy Christmas everyone ! x

No comments: