Tuesday, December 15, 2009

g o l d e n ....

Well.... ive said it once and ill say it again - there is nothing like a good old magazine to get you through a few hours or minutes of suspended animation! And what do I mean by that? You know - those moments when you just have to sit and wait...at the doctors, the dentist, the bus stop...

Today I had another of my regular transfusion drug treatments in hospital for my tiny illness... nothing serious... its just a treatment to keep me in check. But I get it done at a Chemo Cottage in hospital; and let me tell you, it is always a humbling experience. Being surrounded by people having chemo, especially at Christmas, is a truly grounding experience!!...Its not sad it's just.. REAL!

Anyway my transfusion went fine...and one reason it was so relaxing is that I had a few new magazines to pass the time with. Good old reliable Frankie was one such magazine that I took with me today and everything just slowed down.... and I could indulgingly pour over its nostalgic stories and quirky photoshoots ...!


And one page that took me on a time warp back to my childhood....and made me smile was the article on The Little Golden Book Series that my brother and I loved when we were kids..

Do you remember them? I do!! They used to sit on our tiny book shelf in our room...and also in the waiting room of our family doctors office, in a big jumbled up mess with all the leggo and match box cars!!
Oh I love them..
So much so that I had to buy myself one the other day when I was supposed to be buying presents for other tiny peoples!! Oh dear...

Oh well you know what they say..
One for you ....
One for me!!
Such beautiful colours and graphics!
Alittle like the king of children's graphics...

His simple colours and shapes are just so lovely and inspirational to any artist who loves being able to draw and communicate with kids....And lets face it- they are the most honest crowd you will ever meet!!!

No comments: