Saturday, December 19, 2009

marching to another beat....

Is anyone sitting down today and staring blankly into space with exhaustion???

That was me yesterday, after an absolutely MAD week of Christmas catchups/shopping/work/and everything else in between!! And to throw a bus strike into the mix yesterday with all the rain - I was so so tired... it was just insane !!

All I could do was laugh with the craziness of it all...
So by yesterday arvo I was blankety blank blank!!
Completely devoid of thoughts in my head or energy in my feet...

So what did I do? I knitted.
I know I am odd but I found it to be truly therapeutic and soothing in that moment in time .... as all you do is breath and click your fingers with the needles... AND it was all for a good cause!



In the last few weeks Ive been volunteering for the organisation Wrap with Love who make blankets for displaced peoples around the world in countries such as Sudan and Afghanistan. People who have nothing and just need the simplest of things... which is something I am totally au fait with!!! Its actually a fantastic reminder of the spirit of Christmas... Giving without thinking of what you will receive in return. And its all hand made which is even better!

And the blankets that are made are truly beautiful. Multicoloured and quirky with character, they have a sense of the human touch to them; made by many hands and alot of man hours...


Im really enjoying the process and will definitely keep up with it next year. If you are keen to get involved with one of their groups, their website will let you know how to get in contact with your local knitting circle...


This is the only way I can explain why this week Ive been totally immersed in making everything from cookies, to embroidered artworks, to Christmas cards....


Ive experienced a heart felt approach to giving...

And im loving it...!

No comments: