Tuesday, January 19, 2010

feeling the flow....

Anyone else noticing the speed of this week and the juggling act you're producing?
It seems the start of the year officially started on Monday and everything is back to normal... or as close to normal as this Emerlad city can possibly get! Ive been feeling so so in last few days as my body has started to rebel against all the things that Ive been trying to squeeze in! So today I did it a favour and decided to throw everything up in the air to see what landed in my lap and in what order... {which is fun game to play sometimes let me tell you !} The only thing that I could not shift was a doctors appointment but everything else was movable... But here's the funny thing... somehow I achieved all the things I wanted to!
How? I have no idea, but it all just flowed...



A trip to one of my favourite places on Earth - Bunnings - for wood supplies, a visit and a catch up coffee with me ma at Bronte Beach {lucky me as it was a beautiful afternoon}, and then a visit to two Paddington galleries to see their new exhibitions...Hogarth gallery's group exhibition of Aboriginal art + Sabbia Gallery's The sum of Parts: Contemporary Australian Masters exhibition in Glass.



Wiarrnarrn by Renaid Purdie



The paintings of Renaid Purdie in the Hogarth show were particularly beautiful as she uses natural pigments from The Turkey Creek Country from which she comes from.... beautiful colours such as dusty grey and pink that you would not expect from an outback setting...






The sabbia exhibition was great too with a few new artists included such as Mel George and Jeremy Lipisto {image above} who have just relocated back to Australia from the States where they were living and practicing art for 10 years... The work of Jeremy was so technically beautiful and so so different in style to anything that I have seen in glass for a long time that I was blown away... They were like miniature city scapes sculptures...






But one of my favourite glass artists' has to be Janice Vitkovsky {image above}... Her works are always amazing for their detail, their colours and the feeling of peace and quite that they conjure within me.

Its like being underwater watching the light pierce through the waves...
Now that's a mental image Id like to hold onto for the rest of the evening!

Hope you're week is flowing nicely too
x

No comments: