Saturday, January 30, 2010

the pin up ....

Interesting how the simple things in life can make such a difference!
Case in point....

The beautiful big white wall that I'm using in The Primrose Studios to hang, pin and arrange my ideas on at the moment. Its just a wall, and yet, for a 2 dimensional artist it can be solid gold! In my tiny studio at home I have a space for a desk, an easel (just), and a place for all my art supplies and paintings to be stored. But I don't have a wall. A wall to pin a mood board on, such as the one below; a wall to arrange drawings and sketches; a wall to take photos on that is light and easy to use....
I swear this space gets better by the week - and this week it was all about grouping my drawings together in order see what ideas I have been playing with; what colours are creating a reoccurring theme, and where my work is heading to next, with February staring at me from Monday! {Someone please tell me where the time is going this year?? Id like to know so maybe i could cajole it back to last week so I could squeeze a few more hours in the studio!!!}

One of my two inspirational boards that I have pinned up next to my desk. This one above is all about favourite artists' such as Kevin Connor, Frank Auerbach + Euan Mcleod, and of course an image of Ganesha....


Inspirational board no2...this one is all about line, landscape + and colour . You can just get a view of some of my old photos of Morocco and there is also an image of Turpentine Hall from Cockatoo Island, a photo that I took last year when I went out to see Ken Unsworth's artwork... On the far left is a grid of 12 drawings that form the bulk of my work from January...

This image shows you what is on the right side of my desk....
At the bottom of the photo is the second series of drawings Im working on at the moment...
Some of my favourite images from my work at Primrose are displayed here....
Can you tell Im loving the idea of pinning up ALL my drawings on the wall???
Very happy tiny...

The image above shows you my sketching of the harbour and one of my favourite subjects....
Boats!.... Cant seem to stop this obsession!

Anyway.... I hope you enjoy your weekend!
Whether it involves, playing, sleeping, eating, or like me, pinning things up on walls!!!

1 comment:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Love it! Can't wait to come for another visit soon! x