Monday, April 5, 2010

yo-yo...

Happy Easter Monday everyone....
Like my shiny blue yo yo? It was staring at me this morning and I had to have a little play... I bought it a few years ago when I was going through a regression period! I had a love of children's toys again and wanted to remember what it was like to simply play! You remember those days don't you? When life was alittle simpler, alittle more fun...?

I found this lovely yo yo at a local toy store and just had to have it...And the tiny cotton bag? Well that came my way through a lovely coincidence... A good friend pulled it out of her bag one day at work as she was putting her ipod away in it. I showed her my yo yo and she believed that the two belonged together... So I made her a replacement ipod carrier for her...and the rest is history...


Speaking of play and work ...
I was in at Object working a few hours this weekend, and in a quiet moment in the early afternoon, I decided to take a few photos of all the lovely pieces that are displayed beautifully in the Collect store...
In the end I think I was just wanting to capture all the colour and texture that is in there at the moment! Especially with all the woolly winter things arriving...
This bowl of Easter goodness, above, is in a warp+ weft bowl by miss Honor Freeman...
Many eggs were devoured that day!

New colourful scarves by Denise Litchfield, the guerrilla knitter from Sydney...
Don't they look great all strung up on the wall?!


Beautiful Tjampi woven baskets with a Cloth pillow underneath...
The white lines of the fabric JUST make an appearance...


New neck pieces by Brenda Factor from the Blue Mountains...
Im LOVING the pink giraffe head on the silk thread!
They are so bloody fun that it makes me smile!
Not all jewellery has to be serious!!

LOVE these hand painted beads...


Beautiful woven sterling silver neck pieces by Jane Bowring ...
Don't they look lovely sitting above the Edols + Elliott caned glass pieces? ...
When too much texture is never enough!!



New series of coloured wooden veneer jewellery by Miss Jyoti Peart...
Love them all in their tiny rows...
Intense colours of the Husque orange bowl and Cloth pillow behind it...
Its so great to see so much brilliant Australian design at the moment.
The Husque bowls are made in Brisbane using macadamia husks and resin + and The Cloth fabric is made in Sydney using Hessian and patterns that focus on native flowers...
with no kitch in sight!!



You can just see a reflection of me in this one...
JUST! The layering of light was what I was playing with...
It had just stopped raining and there was a beautiful silvery sheen to everything on the streets of Surry Hills... grey sheen but sheen just the same!
Hope you are enjoying some quiet moments of down time this weekend!
Or some fun playing with the kids or the big kid in you...
And if you're looking for some theme music... I just found some brilliant new music that I will be painting to in the next week...or ten...!
Erykah Badu has just realised her new album called New Amerykah Pt 2 - Return of the Ankh...
and it's bloody brilliant!

No comments: