Wednesday, May 5, 2010

favourite day of the year...


Sounds like the title for a Doris Day song doesn't it!

The 5th day of the 5th month is a special day for me, as the number 5 my favourite number; it is the month of May, which is usually the best month for the weather, no matter what part of the globe you are in; and most importantly the 5th of May is the day that has seen me depart my hometown for many big adventures...

Favourite flower... jasmine....



This is from one of my diaries..
dated 5th May 2007....

the special day
this day always ends up being about change for me
And this year is no exception
Usually im at an airport
on another life altering trip
but this year it was all about
change from within
I feel happy, confident + more 'me'
and Im excited about the future.
Another playing card turned up yesterday too
The Jack of Diamonds,
and this time it
mysteriously turned up at home
lying on the kitchen table!
Very mysterious...



I love little signs, little markers that turn up in my day that let me know that im on track and that there is alittle mystery and magic in the everyday. Playing cards are one of those markers, and for a while there I was finding them everywhere I walked. It was strange, odd but somehow fascinating and magical...

Well.... for this 5th day of the 5th month I will be installing my new drawings at Gaffa Gallery for the Make Believe exhibition which opens on Thursday...

Will I receive another sign that make me smile?
I hope so...
And I hope you find your magic in the day...
x

No comments: