Monday, June 28, 2010

APT shennanigans...part 2.

Anyone else hitting the hot water bottle hard???
Hello winter...How are you?!!!!
It's coldy cold cold at the moment and only a dose of warm weather Brisbane nostalgia will do today!! I'm dreaming of The Asia Pacific Triennial trip, and all the amazing art and tropical heat that i experienced...
A favourite combination of mine...!!
So I'm finishing off my roll of images and hoping you enjoy my trip down memory lane...
I swear Ill be back to my old self tomorrow...
Enjoy...!!

Play time!!! Oh this was a brilliant installation by
Alfredo + Isabel Aquilizan... It mixed colour, craft
and play all in one and was the most interactive exhibit...
A detail on the wall... Hundreds of school kids
made these planes so it was not just about the artists' and their
egos and overt political statements...
Quiet and technical...
Paintings by Egyptian/Australian
Raafat Ishak...

A beautiful Sufi space to contemplate...
by Ayaz Jokhio from Iran...


Buddhism vs tacky, glittery stickers!
Who won???



This was my fav artwork of the week last week
The most hypnotic and beautiful space I had seen up there...
and totally artificial too...
The piece was by Kibong Rhee

Kabooooom!!!!
Man made kitchen pans face art explosion!!
Sculptural piece by Subodh Gupta from India
called Line of Control 2008


I couldn't finish off without a couple more cute images
by Yoshitomo Nara
and his Mobile van of fun!!




This is what it looked like in the main atrium
of GOMA....
So cute and a nice positive way to finish off
...me thinks!!
Hope you enjoyed my abridged virtual tour...
Next stop???

No comments: