Thursday, June 17, 2010

mind the gap.....

Angela Griffiths, Nest 2010, installation with led lights, Primrose Park

Sorry for the no show yesterday everyone...
I'm trying to reboot!
Physically, mentally, and emotionally... after the craziness of the last few weeks!

So the official hand over of the studio key occurred on Tuesday, and Angela and I went up together to the Chambers, to say thank you bearing a plant (as a gift to all the gals in the arts dept). We also wanted to meet up for a coffee and a chat with each other, as it seems as though we haven't properly 'seen' or 'spoken' to each other in the last 2 months!! It was really lovely to finish things off with a coffee and chat, as it reminded us, that in the end, we are all just artists' looking for connections and new conversations with like minded people; people that for the most part, are squirreled away in home studios, never seeing the light of day!

We both know we will see each other again....
And for me I can always walk down to Primrose and see Angela's nest installation, as the Council in their infinite wisdom, has decided to keep it in the park for the next few months! Brilliant news for Angela!

And now I'm back in my little home studio which like like to refer as The Cobweb + Laundry Studio! {I'm sure you get the hint!!}





However this week I'm minding the gap left from my Primrose departure, and I'm rebooting my health. Yesterday was my bi-monthly transfusion at the Chemo Cottage, for my Crohns medication, on Tuesday it was my weekly acupuncture appointment with the lovely Monika from The Genki Centre in Glebe.
And today?
Well... I think it has to be a long walk, or stroll as I like to call them on this blog...
Will their be a destination at the end of it?
To be continued....

No comments: