Wednesday, August 18, 2010

believe me....


It's all in the name of research!
I'm sure you are thinking that I'm becoming a tiny tourist
in front of your very eyes...
But there were a couple of reasons why I found myself on the bridge...
camera in hand...
on a bright + colourful Tuesday...!
Firstly I made my well trodden trek
to The Rocks and Parkers Art Supplies
for an oil pastel fix!!
Secondly I found it was the quickest way to get myself
out of the city and to my next art supply store....
And thirdly....
the view!
Its all about blues....land mass... and composition...
As I sketch out a new body of work
for a few commissions...
and boy, did the harbour turn up the dial!!!
Very helpful
very inspired...!


I love the detail of the wire in the foreground...
ideas
ideas...

And i love the line and movement that the ferries + boats make across the water...
Adding detail to all the negative blue space...


But really....
I am losing it a little!
As what I really love to shoot
is reality!!
The kind of Sydney reality that Louise captures on her blog 52 Suburbs...
My mates at Object have this blog on permanent rotation
and I know why...
The images, the warmth, the diversity...
It's all there!
And I cannot wait for the book to be published!
This dual image above is from Dulwich Hill,
and I love the warmth + colour that Louise has found...!
Now that is the colour blue
And that is the real Sydney!

No comments: