Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Phase four... completion!!!

Morning y'all!
How's it hanging?
Well I hope!
After a few tricky days Im back... and i feels like it has been ages! Why is it that three or four days can seem like three or four weeks? Do we fly off somewhere in our dreams,or sleep, and so the nights feel like days too? Or do we go through a plethora of new projects and experiences, so when we come back to familiar routines we feel somehow altered or changed? It might me a case of all that and more!

In the last few days Ive said farewell to close friends at work as they go on the adventure of a lifetime i.e. motherhood!; Ive had old friends give birth to second children; Ive had family go off to hospital for operations, and Ive been there myself for more procedures and tests!
So it has been a crazy time...

And in amongst all of that Ive been keeping myself grounded in creative projects that make me happy! One being the Say Your Piece brooch exhibition that Ive been talking to you about over the last few weeks. You've seen me open my brown package to find my disused and sadly odd piece of jewellery that Ive had to reuse + refashion into a new brooch ...
You've seen me think about my favourite influences...
And above is an image of my studio desk in jewellery play!
So now its time to show you the fruits of my fun, or, labour....



The original piece!
An odd earring without its other half..
That has gone from....
This....


To this!!
What do you think?
Ive called it....
t i m e. pi e c e.
and its all about colour, play, nostalgia and memory.



It's actually two brooches in one, connected by a metal watch chain...



And the main piece is all about cogs, mechanism and the inner workings of a fob watch...


...that Ive refashioned or re imagined to go around the neck...
{excuse my lovely green jumper ! It's part of my dirty and worn studio ensemble!!}
But that was the first time I had put it on and I was excited to see if it would work!
And I think it does..
Well I hope it does!
The exhibition of 30 brooches by 30 people will open on Thursday a Gaffa gallery...
and so I'm off to the city now to drop it off for the installation tomorrow...
Ill post up the invite for you now...
Hope to see you there...
x

2 comments:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Love it! Well done.

Hope you and the rest of family are OK.

Been thinking of you love xx

michele aka the tiny said...

awww ta toots! thinking of you too and hope youre all well! all starting to settle down here now thank fully, and yes, looking forward to this opening...see you soon...xx