Tuesday, August 10, 2010

phase one...the reveal.

I love receiving a gift wrapped in brown paper and string...
Feels so wholesome and nostalgic!
Very Julie Andrew's and the song Favourite things...
However, this tiny package was not a gift, it was my secret piece of old jewellery for the exhibition 'Say your Piece' which opens in a couple of weeks time...eep!!
The lovely Jessica Page is co-ordinating the project, and with 30 or so contributors from all walks of life, it will be an interesting show with a lot of diversity.
Which makes it all the more exciting!

I thought it might be fun to blog about my attempts at making a brooch for this project...
So I hope you enjoy the ride with me...
Today is the reveal.
Cute little package isn't it?
Jess had no knowledge of what we all received in our packages...
So it was a surprise for eveyone...






Nearly there...



Ta daaaa...
the white box that contains our odd piece of jewellery, a brooch back and the instructions or rules to the project...


And this is my piece...
an odd earring that must be turned into a brooch...
When I opened the package I had a few of ideas of what it reminded me of...
A comma
A six turned upside down
And the texture reminded me of one of my Fathers wooden backgammon boards from Egypt...
As for what I will do with it???
To be continued.....

4 comments:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Love it! What a great idea!

michele aka the tiny said...

I love it too...but im scared!!! very scared...!! but I guess it's always good to move out of your comfort zone and try something new...

Anonymous said...

Is it like "The Box Project"???

http://theboxproject.tumblr.com/

michele aka the tiny said...

hi jess... yes! it is similar to that and the lovely jessica page who is organising our show is actually part of that show too! Designer Sushi is like this as well...check out metalab gallery blog!! x