Thursday, December 23, 2010

running away!

It's a funny time of year...

It's that time just before the big 'S' comes whooshing into town with lots of tinsel and glitter...
When people are happy to see some holidays coming there way, but at the same time, start to develop a twitch and a tick upon their brow, as they start to fray alittle around the edges!
It's freezing in Europe and wet and cold in the U.S...
It's rainy in Sydney and on top of all of that, people are tired, frustrated and battling...! Battling the weather, each other on the roads, and for that last Christmas pudding on the supermarket shelf! And battling with each other as they try to sort out...
'The BEST Christmas day E.V.E.R'!!
I guess I'm alittle off-centre to all of this this year.
I'm tucked up on my 'recovering from operation chair', and haven't been out + about much this festive season. That can be bad thing as I do miss the excited kids on the street, the carols and 'good cheer' being piped in from every speaker...in every store, and the end of year drinks and parties that occur every night all over town!

But also there is a good side to taking it easy at home... I'm not that stressed! Ive caught up with a few good friends, had some beautiful cards and gifts delivered to my tiny post box, and I'm not wanting to dig my head into the sand and run away!
BUT I'm sure a lot of people do!
And my suggestion??
This!
This hand made drift wood shack on the beach at Belongil!

I found it on one of my many long walks up the beach...
I missed it a few times as it is surprisingly well hidden and unassuming.
One day I actually spied a bike parked out front...
And I realised it was made by a local surfer
who likes to watch the waves
from this little vantage spot!


It is the perfect hideaway from the world...
and so well constructed!
One day i was able to sneak a look up close...
And it was an artwork!
A sculpture!
Including adornments...


There were feathers...
charms...
Bit of coloured twine....

And the most perfect chair...

That would look out to this!
Great summer spot to run away to...
Don't you think?

1 comment:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

A little peace of heaven!

I hope your serenity lasts the whole holiday season.

Lots of love. xx