Saturday, February 5, 2011

oh so quiet....

It's oh so quiet
it's oh so still
You're all alone
and so peaceful until...
{Bjork}

That song sprung to mind this morning
and felt totally apt when looking at these sketches
from a few years ago.
When I was working on them for a series
called The White Room, I was quite unwell
and at the beginning of a cycle of illness that
is reaching its ending right about now!
{I know...long time right? That's chronic illness for you...}



I was in a quiet state of mind and looking
at stillness,
simplicity and beauty.
That feeling is translated, I hope, in these 3 works above...
But like Bjork's song...
its all so quiet...
its all so still
until....
you fall in love
and things change with a whole new cycle
and shift in events.
Let the change
begin.

No comments: