Wednesday, March 2, 2011

c l i c k .

Happy new month everyone!
Actually...
I should be saying...
Happy new season to you all!!
In Australia it seems that summer
is sadly at an end,
and its time to embrace Autumn.
And in the spirit of creating a clean slate
for all these new beginnings,
I thought it was time for me to reveal
what my secret clues have been all about.
Last Friday I posted an image of
a disused wrapping...and said that it was a sign of something?
Well the big secret is that I'm travelling to Japan this month...
for the first time!!
And I am so so excited!
And to get me thinking of what inspirations
I might take from such a trip
Ive been thinking about patterns!
Beautiful Japanese colours and patterns,
and today, its all about Katsushika Hokusai
and his beautiful prints and paintings
from the 1800s.
It will be cherry blossom season when I get to Kyoto
later in the month, so Hokusai's work
hits the right note for me!!
First major overseas trip in 5 years...
and I cannot wait!!

1 comment:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

YAY! Lucky you! You'll have a ball! xx