Friday, May 20, 2011

from the vault.




....and when I say vault I mean my dusty, old black drawing folder that has seen better days...!

How are you all this morning? Looking forward to another weekend a hope! Where has this week disappeared too? Can someone please answer that one for me...! It is indeed Friday, and after working at Object, having my first ever driving lesson...(at age 34!!), visiting the lovely Jess @ Breathing Colours gallery and also finishing off the Make_it exhibition at Gaffa... I am one tired tiny! So today is rest day... and as such, I thought it might be nice to show you some quiet drawings that I rescued this week from a life of obscurity in my old black drawing folder.

All of these sketches were done many moons ago, on amazing drawing trips around Australia. The top two were from a 5-day drawing trip to Riversdale NSW and the property of one Arthur Boyd.....Great trip!

And even better and more inspiring trip was the amazing drawing adventure I took with COFA in 1997 to Mutawintji National Park and Fowlers Gap, situated near Broken Hill NSW. That is where these other three sketches were produced. Ive mentioned both trips before on this blog and how they totally changed my life and my ideas about colour.

These are some of the tiny reasons why...






........

In Sydney its a big market weekend and I'm hoping to catch one of these two great events! The first is Finders Keepers Market at Carridgeworks that is held but twice a year in this part of the country. It's a HUGE independent art, design, fashion and craft market, and it has grown in popularity and in size since its humble beginnings as Hope St Markets in Surry Hills! Worth having a browse if you're in the area...

The other market that is held once a year at the MCA is The Zine Fair as part of the Sydney Writers Festival! Great chance to see what is happening in the world of graphics, paper and indie zines...

But whatever you may do this weekend I hope you enjoy the last these Autumn...or Spring days!! x

No comments: