Monday, May 23, 2011

zine out.

I made it.

My first one. And boy was it busy! The MCA's Zine Fair was packed full of people, all wanting to see what's happening in the world of zines. I had no idea what to expect from a room full of all things paper.. and I was so surprised by what I found. Every genre, every type of drawing style, artwork, cartoons, craft and printed matter, coloured and pinned objects... it was all there!

Here are just a few photos that I took while carrying a handful of purchases...

And in amongst the photos from the fair Ive inserted a few shots of what I bought!

Hope you enjoy...
Blue steel! This is Phil... minding a table for a mate while being surrounded by all the excited visitors to the fair... I think he survived the onslaught?!


Loved all the signs, themes and slogans. People were so so creative with their stalls...


This was one of my favourite stalls on the day. It was called The Burrow and they were a group of students who were asking people to describe the word design. In return, they were handing out free zines and cupcakes! Happy swap I thought...



Justi and Jona...who is at his first official zine fair. Last year he was only a bump!

Images from inside The Burrow zine...




My loot from the day!


Another room shot and in the red top sitting at the table you can just make out the lovely Lee Tran Lam from Inside Out magazine and The unbearable Lightness of Being Hungry. And let me tell you... she was one busy lady, selling her zine called speak-easy #12: the food issue....
This is just a small sample of what was inside her beautiful zine...

So glad I went yesterday! Tired but it was so great to see so many friendly people and bump into some long lost friends! x

1 comment:

memtree said...

oh that looks like so much fun! thanks for getting me the hello sandwich zine :D