Tuesday, June 21, 2011

through blue tinted glasses

It's only Tuesday and it feels like Friday. How? Well - you know when people go on to describe themselves as experiencing 'one of THOSE weeks'?! Well - I am having one of those weeks. I'm really up, and really down all at the same time. And rather than bore you with one of the stories from the down side on the scales, I'm going to tell you...or rather... show you a positive story that happened to me the last few days...

And it is pictured in these photos. Can you guess? On one of my tiny strolls with the dog I happened to notice that it was council clean up time. Which means... great free objects ready for the taking... yay I say!

Im always alittle disheartened when I see perfectly good objects going out in disused boxes that are destined for the tip, as many of the items could easily go to a charity shop, or go onto freecycling website. I always try to rescue things that could have a second life. And one such thing I found this week for my room was this beautiful tall blue vase that you can see on my tiny vintage make up table... Lucky me! It magically fits in with all my other blue pieces of glass, so I would say that was a successful free purchase for me.


Can you see my hands taking the shot through the mirror?
On the far right of this shot you can see a cane-worked glass vase by Kristy Toepfer, and on the far left there is a tiny ceramic pourer by Cath O'Gorman...

Blue glass cup from Jonathan Baskett and a tall amber glass piece that I found at a second hand store...


Love the sunlight pouring through the window on such a windy + cold day...

Well... I better get back to my oil painting as I have a deadline looming. Ill talk more about that later but have a good afternoon everyone...! And keep warm, or cool, depending on when you are in the world! x

No comments: