Monday, August 15, 2011

in artificial light





























Happy new week everyone. Hope you had a relaxing weekend? I say relaxing as it seemed that everyone I spoke with last week was having a crazy, flying by the seat of their pants, kind of week! For me it was a good week, with many things arriving at my doorstep at the last minute. Which can be kind of nice. People dropping by in an hours notice, fantastic bits of news being shared from friends that makes my day.... and in the case of Friday, last minute invitations to Sydney Design events, which is where today's photos come from... 
I arrived in Surry Hills on the train and I was surprisingly early. That scenario NEVER happens on a Friday night when you are at the beck and call of the public transport system in Sydney! So there you go... I was ten minutes early and awaiting the arrival of my mate with the tickets! 
What to do....
I know.
Decide to wander around the back alleys with my camera and try and capture the eerie and atmospheric scene all around me that looked, and felt, like a stage set. The artificial light  danced bounced off walls and objects highlighting colours and textures in such a lovely way....I just HAD to shoot all the grimy walls and peeling paint! I just had to!
And it was the best ten minute wait Ive had in a long time....
Hope you enjoy.



































Love the Koala Bear stencil on the backyard gate... don't you? National pride at its finest! 
Anyway tomorrow Ill show you the images from the event itself and take you from the street to the air, to give you a birds eye view of the city at night. 
See you then...

No comments: