Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pattern lovin'...



Does anyone ever remember going over to a friends house after school as a kid and thinking...'Man, I would love to have a place exactly like this when I grow up!?' I do. I remember flopping onto the comfy coloured couch with an afternoon snack in my hand, and instead of watching the cartoons, looking with wonder at the artworks on the wall and the objects on the bookshelf and wondering where all these amazing things came from and how they put it all together...

Well the beautiful Harbour side apartment of Chrissie Jeffrey featured in the AUG/Sept issue of Australian Vogue Living brought all those childhood memories flooding back to me. And I just had to share...

Chrissie has created a comfortable, light and colourful home in Sydney that I STILL wish I could procure for myself!!! Oh dear - when will I grow up and have a big persons place all of my very own? I wonder...
But for now I can admire and scrapbook this article for future reference.
Hope you enjoy it too....


I LOVE this!!! The red and blue in the hallway is so bold. But what is even better is that the walls are covered in blue textured wallpaper! It has a light stripe through it, making it soft and giving movement. It actually reminds me of an Aboriginal painting from Papunya.


Chrissie has hung her artworks in a salon style, but she has still kept the walls light and complimentary with everything else in the room by using a neutral wall paint... that looks earthy + bronze.



Great pink fabric couch, layered with as many colourfully patterned cushions as possible! The light filtering through the big window lightens the strong colour palette too...


More patterns!!! More red + blue mixed together. This time in the bedroom with touches of white, to again lighten a space that could be too busy for a bedroom. The stripes looks so great against the red headboard too...


And if you thought that was a lot.... take a look at the dining area with an amazing light fixture and more colour on the walls through paint colour and artwork....
Its just too good! 

No comments: