Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the personal touch


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Like Starbucks in the noughties, Christmas decorations seem to be springing up in the blink of an eye! What is it about glitter and fairy lights that makes people get excited? 
Dont get me wrong... Im no Scrooge. 
I do love the sentiment of 'good will to all men', and I love spending time with my lovely family and friends. It's just the over kill of tacky plastic trees and green and red baubles in every 7-11 and service station that gets me! Would you miss all those decorations if they weren't in front of your eyes at every turn? 
I think that is why I like these two images. They are about Christmas, but done in a very personal and quiet way... They are courtesy of Lynsey Fryers, an English stylist who lived in Sydney and worked for magazines like Inside Out a few years ago before moving back overseas... 
And you gotta love that beautiful leather seat in the image below! Love it...
x

Photos courtesy of Inside Out Christmas Edition 2008, taken by Petrina Tinslay.

1 comment:

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

It was a really special day. Truly lovely. You m'dear looked stunning. xx