Thursday, December 22, 2011

M A D E ... {to be given}

Earrings by Olenka Fombertaux- Jararweh




























By now you may have realised something about me...
I love giving and im not very good at receiving! 
Im one of those people that loves to make, or find something for someone in my life... 
I find it a rewarding challenge, even if it is a hand made card with a few handwritten words...{and I stress hand written as I love it when someone takes the time to pen a personal message. Strange as that may be to say it, but these days no one really 'writes' any more!}

However when it comes to receiving.. I get embarrassed and immediately start to think of what I could give in return. Even if I have already given them something. Hopeless. 

As it happens every year you start to say Merry Christmas to people early on in the month, as holidays begin, travels commence and the opportunity for 'one more catch up' starts to fade. So I have already received some amazing cards and gifts this year. 
And one such present can be seen in these photos above and below. 
And boy was i touched.

A closer look...


A beautiful friend of mine who I meet through working at Object surprised me the other day with a pair of earrings that she had made. And as you can see, they are completely amazing...
Olenka Fombertaux - Jararweh is a Sydney based jeweller who has been making for a few years now, showing in exhibitions in galleries such as Breathing Colours. Recently she has been given representation with Breathing Colours and The Collect Store @ Object Gallery, as well as opening her own bigcartel store, where you can find some of her amazing beaded earrings and hand cut silver worked neck pieces... 



I haven't stopped wearing these since I fell in love with them upon opening my gift.
Maybe it is nice to receive once in a while?!