Tuesday, February 7, 2012

rewind... outpost {track 2}

broken down and busted.... The Ironlak Bus, Outpost Festival, Sydney 2011


Can you imagine organising a major indoor/outdoor art event with over 150 artists' exhibiting, and a calendar of events that includes something for every everyone?

I cant. I don't think I would be able to sleep!
But that is just what the organisers of Outpost achieved... and on an island to boot!

Crazy... but truly inspiring.



Paste ups + colourful stickers were everywhere...

And artworks were found in every nook + cranny... This painting was by Jumbo who
I also meet in Dubbo. A big influence for Jumbo is the work of NY artist Keith Haring...
I can definitely feel an 80s retro vibe in his style that's for sure...

I LOVED this mural by ROA from Belgium. His work is so textural and delicate that
each mural feel like it has been taken from an amazing book of children's illustrations...
No hard edges here. If any of you follow Sandra Juto's blog she just posted a photo
 of a ROA mural from Berlin...here.

The beautiful illustrative work of Shannon Crees from Sydney...

It was hot that day... crazy hot. Did I mention that it was hot?! 

LOVED this sculptural piece...

Caught in the act. Brazilian artist Ethos was creating this piece whilst I was there...



Amazingly colourful and detailed aerosol mural by Beastman from Sydney.
His work is influenced ' by the beauty + symbolism in natures patterns and organic lines...'
Reminds me of a beautiful Maori carving... 

At this point I was looking for a seat!
Thought it would be a great way to end the post for today...

No comments: