Friday, May 25, 2012

Art for humanity....




Like balancing the scales... or clearing the slate... I find that the month of June can be a big time of reflection for me. 

What have I been doing with my time this year? Am I on track with some of my dreams and wishes for the year? Do I feel like things are all ok - mentally, physically, creatively and energetically? If something feels like its off balance or off key, I find that Winter is the time to try and address it... 
For example? This upcoming exhibition. 

A few weeks ago I was asked by my good friend Mel Young if I would like to participate in this amazing fundraising exhibition for the Australian Red Cross - a charity that i like to donate to every year. Mel and a few other lovely people were trying to bring together a great collection of painters and jewellers for a two week exhibition, that would see monies donated to the Red Cross when works were sold. So of course I said yes. 

And next Thursday this great show will open at the Depot II Gallery at Danks St in Waterloo... which is a great gallery space in Sydney. 

As an extra honour my painting was also chosen for the online flyer - which you can see above {but not very clearly! Sorry bout that...} But what an honour it is too as there are some brilliant Australian artists in the show.
I cant wait to see it all unfold next week...

If you are in Sydney please come along and support, and hopefully we will all be able to give some balance and good energy to this truly worthy cause.

Have a great weekend and keep warm!
x

No comments: