Tuesday, July 10, 2012

tiny hands... big projects.

School holidays workshop fun! 

Hi ho everyone -
I cannot believe its been a week since I last spoke to you all. 
I hope you all are well and warm and enjoying a good week so far?

For me its been a blur of paint, colour, fun and also hard work. 
On Saturday I bid a fond farewell to my solo exhibition at Breathing Colours as good friends came to say hello and see the show, and lovely new friends arrived at the end of the day to pick up their purchased works. It all left me feeling so happy at the conclusion of this fantastic six month project, but blown away that its been 3 weeks since I installed the show?!

But as they say - 
when one door closes another opens. 
And this is exactly what Im experiencing at the moment. Yesterday I took down my artworks and painted walls in preparation for the next artist. And today Im taking part in another amazing art opportunity, as I clean floors and paint walls in a brand new Pop Up creative space in Sydney.. !

Curious? 
Well you'll have to wait a little longer for the low down on that one. 

Today its all about playtime... and a workshop I held for a group of lovely kids at a friends home last week. Im not sure how it all happened, but one of my oldest and dearest friends kindly opened up her home to a group of 3 - 5 year olds in order for them to paint, colour and hopefully create personalised piece of bunting to string up in their bedrooms....
And this is what happened...

As it was a cold and rainy morning the class was held on a big communal table - with painting at one end and drawing at the other. I made triangle templates out of canvas and they painted their designs on them! This is Oliver getting busy...

Front and centre of the drawing dept. was Miss Lily and her pink paper... The drawings they all made were fantastic. And it definitely was the most popular end of the table.

Lucy concentrating on her drawings while surrounded by a mass of colourful crayons and textas. Simple is always best, and even though I had alot of other materials available they were all keen to draw.

And this is just a sample of what they created in the end!
This is 'Big Lucy' surrounded by their amazing bunting loosely taped onto the wall. 

Each one was unique and brilliant. And even though the painted flags never made it to their finished products (as they were covered in about 2 inches of paint and are probably still trying to get dry) they all created some colourful pieces of bunting. And most importantly had fun!! And so did I
x

No comments: