Sunday, April 21, 2013

new website!



Its alive! Its alive!
And no - im not talking about Frankenstein.
Im talking about my new website.
And its been a long time a'comin.

I think Ive mentioned to you a few times now that Im a little bit shy when it comes to promoting my work.
That is one reason why I created the tinytrappings moniker. 
Years ago I realised that I wanted to slowly work at my art practice and keep learning, experimenting and understanding my craft, without the worry of online scrutiny or promotion. Ive always admired artists -  like Tony Tuckson - who have worked quietly in their studios developing + honing their work over a lifetime. 

But times change.
And so has the arts industry. 

Gone are the days when people would share their ideas and latest artworks for hours on end, over a coffee or ten!
{That is unless you're still at uni or college.}
Now it seems the net has become our communal coffee table, where all our thoughts and studio experiments are discussed + shared. 
In a way that is what this blog has been to me over the last few years - my communal coffee table. 

But now its time to put myself out there properly.
Using my own name. 
The blog is not going anywhere. 
Im going to use both spaces to share my work.
And I hope you'll visit me at both sites.

Let me know what you think of the new website, and if there are changes you would make, as id love to know your thoughts!

Ooh - and the address?
http://www.michelemorcos.com/


1 comment:

Kitiya Palaskas said...

Congrats Michele, it looks awesome!!!!!