Thursday, April 18, 2013

* b r i s s y *

Brisbane Lane ways * April * 2013


Last week I ventured to Brisbane for a whirlwind three day trip to see the 7th Asia Pacific Triennial (APT7) at GOMA, as I loved it so much when I saw it 3 years ago. For those who dont know what im gabbing on about the APT is a HUGE art exhibition that specifically focuses on art made by artists' from Asia and the Pacific. Its a unique concept and always inspiring - as just when you think you've seen it all, this kind of exhibition gently taps you on the shoulder and lets you know that you don't know everything... or anything about the art world today. There is always something new to see and discover. 

If you're curious about the show from 3 years ago, this is what I discovered and wrote about in 2010.
And Ill talk more about this years exhibition when I have all my images sorted.

But im getting off track!
Today's images are all about day three. 
The day Amelia (my equally devoted art-nut friend) and I went exploring in Fortitude Valley and New Farm. 
We had already completed two massive days at the APT and were flying out that night. 
So we thought we would take the time to see a little more of Brisbane. 
And shop!
And somewhere in-between those two suburbs we found a few amazing lane ways that turned me into a wide eyed 4 year old. 

There is something kinda lovely about discovering an amazing artwork on a nondescript wall, in a hidden lane way.


Its finding unexpected.
I think.

1 comment:

www.PaperBagKits.com said...

Oh I always love a bit of street art! Can't wait to see your art piccies!!!!