Saturday, May 24, 2014

blink and the workshop has gone

^Coil weaving workshop this month @ Koskela^


Its amazing how fast three hours can go. 
When you're waiting in a queue - three minutes can feel like forever.
But when it comes to a coil weaving workshop, the hours disappear in the blink of an eye.

Thats what happened earlier this month when I taught my latest coil weaving workshop at Koskela in Rosebery. All I remember is setting up the space, greeting fourteen lovely people, giving a demonstration of how to begin a coil woven bowl, and then it was over!

So I have to apologise for my lack of photos.
I needed another hour and another set of hands.

But I think you can see that it was a big class, full of colour, conversation, and questions.
Thank you to everyone who came along and make the class so enjoyable.

The next workshop will be my last for the next couple of months as I go into hibernation to complete all my new artworks for my solo show that opens on July 31.

So if you would like to come and learn how to coil weave before Winter truly arrives -
please click here for all the details and to book a place for my studio workshop on June 7.



^some of the weavings I took with me for show + tell^

^inspiration of a different kind on the showroom floor ^

^^

^Tree inside^
^Tree outside^

No comments: