Monday, April 13, 2015

Wiradjuri Country



Murrumbidgee.
Wagga Wagga.
Gundagai.
Wiradjuri.

All beautiful words that are all connected to the same part of the country. 

The Riverina region is such a lovely area to visit at any time of the year. But in Autumn it is truly special. The colours are changing, the light is softer, the days are warm and the nights are refreshing and cool.

I have a strong connection to the region as my mum is from a farming family that all lived and worked the land in an area called Downside. Every school holidays we would pack up the car and the dog and drive the 7 or so hours (its much quicker now with all the new roads!) and visit my Grandparents and explore Wagga on our little push bikes.

Those days are long passed now but every time I travel to Wagga, a deep sense of connection and nostalgia washes over me as I stroll down memory lane and rediscover familiar haunts.

A few weeks ago my mum and I went to Wagga for a few days and these are a few of the colours and landscapes I found along the way...

I hope you enjoy them.

^looking up at the marriage of contemporary building and beautiful gum trees^

^By the Murrumbidgee Riverbank^

^Locked red door -
and my imagination goes in a hundred different directions^

^The changing of the seasons and parched earth of the country^

^Before I left I took some time to walk along the riverbank at dusk...
And dream....^

No comments: