Friday, October 30, 2009

......i n b l u e ....


A quick sketch while waiting for the bus....

Oh.... wasn't it a beautiful day today?... It really felt like summer and as such it was time for me to get back into the water and thrash out a few laps...!
Now I'm not a brilliant swimmer by any means but by submerging the old body I really do feel like I'm doing my mind, body + spirit alittle good!! It all helps I'm sure...

And because I was in a nostalgic mood for some reason I decided that it was time to trek down to one of my favourite Sydney spots...North Sydney Pool..... a truly magical place for colour!...
The cool blues from the sky, harbour and pool...the comical + playful primaries of Luna Park, and the greens of the surrounding park lands such as Bradfield park and Wendy Whiteley's Garden in Lavender Bay... I could go on...
But I wont bore you...!!
But what I will do is post a few images of my interpretations of the harbour...and of BLUE!

Hope you enjoy..they are from about 5 years ago.... from a series called The White Room.


Moving on....


There are some great exhibitions about to open in town...
So I thought id mention a few...
By now I think most of Sydney knows that Sculpture by the Sea has started! Its on for 3 weeks this year and if the great sunny weather continues the Bondi to Bronte walk would be a brilliant place to take a stroll ... I usually start at Bondi so I can end up at Bronte for a dip and a coffee!!

Blaze Krstanoski-Blazeski, Wave, 2008. Photo Matthew O'Sullivan

Next is the Dobell Prize for Drawing at the Art Gallery of NSW which opens on the 8th November... Always a great show if you're a person like me who loves to look at a room full of drawings!!

Actually I always find the prize interesting for the fact that you can see a side of an artists' work that you wouldn't ordinarily.... As drawings apparently 'never sell' or so say most galleries, artists' usually show paintings and the drawings get hidden in a back storeroom awaiting an inquisitive person to ask to view them! So with a show like the Dobell you get wall to wall drawings in all types of mediums...from some of the countries great living artists'....

And if youre up in the Domain have a look at Mrs Macquaries Chair.... as im sure its been a while since you've been down there?!! I know its a long time between visits for me...

Anyway....
Have a great weekend wherever you may roam and enjoy the beautiful light...
And if you would like some new music... Im addicted to the sounds of Shafiq Husayn and Michael Olatuja at the moment!! Obscure but brilliant...(thanks for the tip mr. peterson)....

No comments: