Tuesday, October 20, 2009

n e w a r r i v a l s .....


Ah writing...the thorn in my side !

As you may have noticed from this little blog -somedays I struggle to compose a string of beautiful sentences together! I have good days and bad days... Some posts seem to just flow and others feel clunky and all over the shop!!


I believe - and was always told when growing up - that the more you work at something the more you will improve... and I must admit -I still cling to that! When I was a tiny tiny I was always the winner of the most improved award...at ballet, at tennis camps, at high school... And so every once in a while I would love someone to say - oh you're a natural - and have everything just flow... Especially when it comes to my writing!

So on beautiful sunny days like today I just want to forget about my laptop and fly away into my little studio world that is filled with coloured pencils and lovely bits of paper...

And on those rare days when even creative imagination has taken a walk out the door and left the building...there is always a magazine to chase the blues away... And at the moment new issues of some of my favourite publications are appearing like a sign or a beacon if you will...telling me that its time to chill the *@^%$o # out !!!

Yesterday I got my new copy of Frankie delivered to my door... At work I was greeted with the last (boohoo) hard copy edition of Object magazine - as it will now be going online...







And more excitedly... my copy of Object Gallery's catalogue for the current exhibition Menagerie was carefully bestowed on me and my little white bookshelf .. and I feel very lucky....!






LOVE the photography and research by the brilliant Nicole Foreshew....


Oh for dreamy spring days when not even one sentence can be found in my tiny head!!!
Ill see you at the local cafe!!!

No comments: